Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Card Night 2

This did not go as planned!  While I was working on yesterday's post (waiting for all those photos to upload), I started making last night's card.  I was going to have a go at a clear card.  Alas, the clear stuff I have just would not let the ink dry (and they were looking really awesome too).  So, I had to start from scratch.

I was feeling a tad tired so I decided to use the Splitcoaststampers Resource section for some inspiration as I remembered as special fold card that had stumped me previously.  I found it and that is what I made last night - 1 of the 4 I was SUPPOSED to make.  I got stuck on the closure.  I wanted to try something "different".  By the time 10:30pm rolled around, I decided that I may have to concede and do a belly band for the card...so I did :0)

This was the end result:
 This is the card closed (with the offending belly band).
Card in the "open" state
As it would be displayed (sorry for the picture quality but the camera just did not want to cooperate)

Now, I don't see any sense in re-inventing the wheel.  Especially when that wheel was created by Beate Johns - one of the main resource providers from Splitcoaststampers.  Therefore, I have posted a link to her tutorial below.  I didn't change a thing except I used plain paper as my base instead of patterned.  If you don't have square envelopes - you can make them ;0) Enjoy!

Box Card

I'm now off to attempt to get three more of these made before the little man wakes up from his nap!  See you tomorrow with tonight's creations.

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment