Monday, April 9, 2012

A Card from Day 10 Technique

So, I was given the day to craft today. I made 6 cards in total with three being made from Tim's first Compendium that Drew gave me for our wedding anniversary. The one I want to share first is using the same background I made for Day 10 of the Creative Chemistry class.

This is very different from my normal card and I'm still deciding if I like it. Please let me know what you think.



Right. The circle embellishment is a few different things. I used the base tray to die cut the butterfly from the middle of a chipboard circle. I had created an alcohol ink background on acetate before hand which I adhered behind the circle. Then I filled the cavity with Glossy Accents. I inked the chipboard after the Glossy Accents dried and added a coating of Diamond Stickles. It's hard to see but you can see through the butterfly to the background.

I embossed the Core'dination Distress card stock with a Tim Holtz folder and sanded it. I inked the Day 10 panel with Vintage Photo. Then I wrapped a key with twine and attached another small sentiment with jump rings to the twine. I used Glossy accents to attach the key and the chipboard circle. I added the ribbon and glued the whole thing to the card stock.

Thanks for having a look! Don't forget to let me know what you think and I'd love for you to share this with others you think might be interested.

xoxo

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment