Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Book Card

So, my one of my besties had a Finally Forty party last week and I wanted to make her something special because it was a big birthday! I wish I could say I invented this card but, alas, such is not the case. I found it at Gramma's House of Cards. It's called a book card.




As you can see, it sort of looks like a book. It looks really intricate but the hardest part is the accordion frame inside. Before I make this again, I'll be buying a scoring board! So here is the front:



I used Bo Bunny Country Garden paper and embellishments plus a little Stickles and a few rhinestones. The inside is more of the same:



I printed the poem and greeting onto cardstock and inked the edges of the patterned paper. I also added ribbon and corner fasteners to the top of the "shadow box". Here are some close ups and different angles:









In this part of the card, I placed the different items at different levels of the accordion folds to give a 3D effect.

It's a fabulous card that is sure to get lots of admiration if you are keen to give it a try!

- Kim

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,

    That card was awesome!! Probably the best I have seen!! :)

    Cheers
    John

    ReplyDelete