Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Photo Wallet

Hi!

I have been working hard on another project for my mum as her birthday is just around the corner. Since we don't get to see her, something that holds pictures of the boys is always a winner!

As usual, I found the instructions for this project on Splitcoaststampers. Seriously, if you are a crafter and haven't checked this site out, you really should. There are some awesome projects there. The link to the project below can be found here. The other fun thing about this project is that it can be carried around with the recipient and be a "brag book"!

So, I actually used something other than Bo Bunny to make this project (shocker, I know). This time I used K&Co Wild Saffron paper and embellishments. I also used some SU stamps (Eastern Blooms and Baroque Motifs) and inks (Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, and Sage Shadow).

Here it is in it's closed state:





I used DCWV card stock with the SU border punch. The flower, leaf and lady bug are Wild Saffron embellishments.

This is it opened:





The stamps are SU and the stickers are Wild Saffron. The butterflies are a three stage punch from EK Success punched from the Wild Saffron papers. For all of the stamping on this project, I used the SU markers (in the same colours as the stamp pads) to colour the stamps and then "huffed" on them to reactivate the ink and stamp.

Here are the photo pockets up close:














Here is what the photo wallet looks like fully open.





Obviously I still need to add photos and some journalling but as that is more personal, I decided to show you the project before it's completely finished. This is a very easy, effective project and I will be making more of these for my parents and Drew's mum.

Have a go yourself...I think you will be pleasantly surprised :0)

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment