Right, so today's creation started from the Simon Says Stamp Challenge of Tape It Up! I created my own tissue tape using the tutorial from Let's Scrap by Sue Dawn. I changed it up a little by using Distress Stain to colour the tape ad then colouring some of the images with Smooch Ink. This was the result:
Then, I had to decide how to use this tape I had created. It took me a while to decide to make it into a "framed" piece of art. I cut a frame shape using my eCraft Fundamentals card and framed a 3 1/2" square of tape. Then began the odyssey of finding the "right" paper. You see, I'm one of those "Oooo, that looks nice! What about that one? I wonder what these would look like together?" people. It took me a fair while to choose. In the end, I went with some Webster's Pages from a 6x6 paper collection. I cut two of the pieces in half and attached them together to make a 5 inch panel, hiding the join under some Webster's Pages trim. I adhered the framed art and began the search for a sentiment.
It didn't take long - a Tim Holtz Philosophy Stick took my fancy and I altered it with a Snow Cap Paint Dabber. I added some jewels to the corner and I thought I was done, but I was wrong! The whole piece needed a frame. So I found a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Resist (with butterflies, of course). I cut it to 5 1/2 inches and began colouring. I started with Picket Fence Distress Stain and then added some Broken China and Peeled Paint. I finished it off with some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist and a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the edges. I stuck it behind the panel and I knew I had nearly finished. I adhered my pieces to a 6 inch card base and voila!
Here are a few close ups AND a picture of the back which has just the Kraft Resist on it.
It was a good exploration today. Thanks for looking and I hope to see you here again soon!