Monday, October 1, 2012

Hmmmm, That Didn't Go to Plan!

Truly.  This project was meant to be done yesterday - Saturday even!  But, I was enjoying family and friend time more.  All of this is a good thing.

Then, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my butterfly!  So after struggling with my eCraft to cut three of them, I had to play.  These are what I came up with:
 The black one has been cut from glitter paper (although hard to see that in the photo) and I have edged it with Viva Pearl Pen in Ice White.  I don't know if I'm done with it yet but I kind of like it like this.  The bottom one was white card stock that had the wing pattern cut from blue mirror paper with the eCraft and glued on.  I sprayed it with water and then coloured with Distress Stain (Spiced Marmalade, Broken China and Spun Sugar).  I dried it with the heat tool and added Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) around the edges and then spritzed it with water again.  Once dried, I added Diamond Stickles to it.  I should have left it alone - because I like what it looks like in this picture.  But I have continued to play...more to come on that later.
This butterfly is a little larger and was cut from green glitter paper.  The wing decoration was then cut from red and blue mirror paper and gold glitter paper.  All of the cutting was done with the eCraft.  I glued some ball chain in the middle to make the body.  At this point, I'm not happy with it.  It's out of balance - it's the blue...I don't like it.  I may take it off and replace it with the gold.  Again, work in progress!

I am hoping to share a finished project using at least one of these soon.  I started all of this to join in on the final Simon Says Stamp Stamptember challenge but I just didn't get it done!  So now, it will just be a labour of love!

Thanks for looking and I hope to get lots of blogging done this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment