Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ahh, Spring...and Book Week

Well, that's what if feels like.  Still cool at night but warm enough to have the door open during the day.  I feel so much better with fresh air circulating through the house.  I keep waiting for the cold snap!  In the meantime, I will enjoy it as much as possible.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share a couple of photos I have taken during my walks the last few days.  They show the signs of spring that nature shares with us...


With this time of year comes Book Week! And the inevitable book week parade...sigh.  If Spidermonkey had his way, he would have gone as Dr. Who for the third year in a row.  Instead, he went as Harry Potter (along with most of the rest of the school).  I had to work hard to get this concession.  If I had given into his logic, it would have been Iron Man or Spiderman who, according to him are acceptable because he has large compendiums of the comics which are books!  I suppose this is true but the book lover in me just couldn't let it go.  So, I scoured the shops for some glasses and a wand and ended up ordering them online in order for him to feel like he was a part of the school community.  He was happy in the end and here he is as Harry Potter:


He looks pretty good in glasses and could pass for Harry in the earlier movies (well in the eyes of his momma anyway)!  Now I am off to find something yellow for him to wear on Friday for Daffodil day...*sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment