Sunday, August 21, 2011

As Promised...

I got crafty today!  I had fun playing with all my Tim Holtz stuff.  I made two cards and a "strip" that I'm not sure what I will use it for...but it was fun doing it!!

We went out to the hardware store in town today and across from it is Hillbilly.  Yes, Hillbilly!  Sort of a Dollar store but they have some cool crafty stuf  so of course I had to go have a look.  I found these great laser cut, pop up butterflies and wanted to use them.  The first card was planned around the butterflies and here it is:

The paper on the left is Coordinations Tim Holtz Distress paper in Broken China.  I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then sanded the embossing which brings out the Broken China core.  The paper on the right is Tim Holtz Kraft Resist.  I used a combination of the new Distress Stains (Peeled Paint, Fire Brick, Dusty Concord, Faded Jean and Antique Linen onto my craft sheet.  Then, I sprayed the whole thing with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pink Bubblegum.  The ribbon is Tim Holtz trims dyed with the Distress Stains to match the paper.  Then I stuck the butterfly sticker to paper and cut it out.  Finally, I glued the butterfly to the ribbon using Multi-Matte Medium.  Finally, I stamped a sentiment using an SU stamp in Ranger Black Archival ink.

For card number two, I used the Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes die and based the card around the rosettes. You can see it here:

I picked an orange cardstock from DCWV Brights paper stack and embossed it with Cherry Blossoms from Craft Concepts.  I sanded the embossed card to expose the white core which I then coloured in with SU markers - Riding Hood Red and Old Olive.  I added the rosettes to the card and put Prima flower centers on them.  Then I chose a piece from the SU Silver HodgePodge and added my sentiment.

Then I move on to Tim Holtz Grunge Paper.  I have had this stuff for a while and really haven't made use of it.  After having watched just a few videos (all of them!), I decided to play and here are the results: 


I spread the same colours of Distress Stain mentioned above onto my craft sheet and dragged the strip through the colours.  Then, I added an additional layer of the colours directly to the grunge paper.  I spritzed it with water and let the colours run before drying it with my heat tool.  Once dry, I used the Snow Cap paint dabber on the Tim Holtz ATC Flourish stamp and stamped the image multiple times down the strip.  Again, I dried this with my heat tool.  I then added Rock Candy Crackle Paint to the whole surface and left to dry.  Once dry, I used Black Soot Distress Ink to highlight the cracks left by the crackle paint.  Although this step is difficult to see in the photo, it looks so cool in real life.  I am really pleased with the result!  I may use it on a scrapbook page or it might get cut up and used on different cards.  I just we will just have to wait and see!

Many of you would have seen my inky fingers in a photo on FaceBook.  I got very messy but loved it all!  Funnily enough, Clearsnap posted a status saying that if you were inky, then you must be having fun.  So true :0)  When I rejoined the family, I found Cappuchin on Daddy's lap, watching a video.  He was so focused, he didn't even know I was there!

Canberrans - good luck with the convoy traffic tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment