Saturday, August 6, 2011

The First Reveal!

I promised there would be some reveals this weekend and this is the first!  Yesterday, I gave a card to my friend for her birthday.  I made something special for her as she is a member of my crafty family.  I also know she likes her handbags, shoes and jewellry.  I found a really awesome handbag card here.  The template measurements can be found here.   I also used the Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers - the same ones on the outside but different on the inside.  However, as I have embellished differently, our cards are different enough.  So here is my version.  There are several photos as there is so much to this card.  Let's start with the front:

I used Tea Dye distress ink to colour the edges.  I put KaiserCraft pearls in a few places on the design to highlight it.  The ribbons were purchased as part of a kit that also used Bo Bunny Paper.  The flowers are Prima and the chipboard and butterfly are part of the Gabrielle collection.  The closure is a Basic Grey Magnet.  I had to add some bigger magnets to the back of the closure because this has to hold through quite a few layers of paper and cardstock.  This handle is part of the Gabrielle ribbon collection.

Here is a side view to give you an idea of what is on the inside.

I decided to mimic the swirls on the design with some bling from Zva and then added the chipboard butterflies from the Gabrielle chipboard collection.

Here is the card open.  Most of the embellishments are from the Gabrielle collection (it's so much easier when you use a collection to make a project).  I've added a few different things though.  The flower is Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die that has been cut from his glassine paper, crinkled and then sprayed with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist.  When heated with the heat tool, the colour sinks in and looks as if it is part of the paper.  The butterfly on the top is a Gina K. Designs stamp that has been coloured with Smooch Inks (see previous post for a close up) and the frame is a Spellbinders die.  Again, I've inked all the edges of the base papers with Tea Dye Distress Inks.

Here are some close ups of the inside top and bottom.

I hope you enjoyed looking as much as I did creating!  Oh, and the card was a hit...she cried and made me cry!  Love you 'Chelle!

Hope you all get a chance to do what ever hobby you love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment