Friday, January 6, 2012

6 Fold Card

Each Wednesday, I get an email from SplitCoastStampers with a new tutorial.  When I saw this one, I just had to try it out.  Again, it's not as hard as I first thought although I felt I had to watch the video that is at the bottom of the tutorial page.  I am not going to repeat the tutorial but here is the link to the 6 Fold Card.

I chose to use the Kaisercraft Gypsy papers and embellishments.  The butterflies are Hero Arts stamps teamed with Sizzix framelit dies which were coloured with Smooch Accent Inks.  This is what mine looked like finished:
This is the closed front.  The butterfly was also sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold, edged with VersaColor Ink in Gold and then coated with Dimensional Magic and Diamond Stickles.  The ribbon is a random piece from my stash while the central medallion is part of the Kaisercraft Gypsy Chipboard embellishments.  This was sanded, inked (Distress Ink Vintage Photo) and sprayed with the Heirloom Gold.  The paper was inked with  Vintage Photo too.
First and second folds open.  The flowers and brads were inked with Vintage Photo and Gold and are from the KaiserCraft Gypsy collection.  The base paper was from DCWV brights card stock stack.
With the forth and fifth folds open.  The small butterfly was attached with foam tape.  The brads are ones I've had for ages and the thread is Memory Thread from DMC.  The centre panel is Very Vanilla card stock from Stampin' Up that was inked with Vintage Photo.
Completely open now.  The bottom greeting was stamped on Very Vanilla with Ranger Archival Ink in Plum and then inked with Vintage Photo (as were the butterflies).  The tag stamp is from Hero Arts teamed with a matching Sizzix Framelit die.  The word is from a set of Stamp It stamps I bought years ago.

All of the papers were inked with Vintage Photo but unless you see what it looked like before, it seems kind of meaningless.  So, here they are side by side:
As you can see, the act of inking has changed the look of these papers substantially.  It tones down those colours that might be too bright for you.  Give it a try on one of those pieces that you love the pattern on but just can't get past the colour now.  Also, for some reason, the colours in my photos are not accurate this time.  The card stock is more green and the pinky red centre piece is actually more burgundy as is the ribbon.  Grrrrrr...you would think I'd have that sorted by now huh?!

Oh, I thought this could be our first class project too!  Obviously, different papers and colours (ooooo, need to go shopping).  I won't have a class in January so am looking at a February date.  Need to schedule around birthdays and classes of others that I attend so will get back to you soon with the date.

And now onto the January colour challenge by Paper Secrets!  I hope to have a scrapbook page for you soon.

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment