Monday, January 16, 2012

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration - Case File #1

This site is seriously cool; and challenging.

There is a "scene" (colour palette), "evidence" (pins, numbers, lace, etc) and "testimony"(journalling) that have to be included in your layout.  The whole idea of making it like a crime you have to solve is some how intriguing.  It draws you in and makes you want to play along.  So far this month, the inspiration has come from Alice in Wonderland and I have to say the results in the gallery are magnificent.

Of course, I decided to play along!  Here is the Case File:
These are not my normal colours so I found this very challenging.  Still, it made me think of things I might not have.  I think my layout lacks a little something BUT I gave it a red hot try and I am proud of myself for doing so.  Here is my take on CSI #1:
I was pretty please that I had materials in my stash to match the five colours, especially the green!  I needed more journalling but I was so wrung out from figuring out how to put this together that I just couldn't think!!  The flowers were the biggest thing for me.  I made them!  How cool...but as usual, credit where it is due - this is where I learned it from:
I inked mine with Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and when they were close to dry, I sprayed them with Smooch Spritz.  The rub on is an old Basic Grey one I've had for ever and the patterned paper is Scenic Route Paper Co - Rockland Laurel Street.  The tags were traced from others that I had and the chipboard was a piece I received as part of a kit a long time ago.  The edges were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and a Fiskar's punch.  The pattern paper was distressed with scissors and then inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The chipboard letters are randoms left over from various sets that were inked with a Cajun Craze (Stampin' Up) marker after being lightened up with Picket Fence Distress Stain!

I hope that you check the site out and join in; and that you use the flower technique...it really is effective and makes for a great 3D look to your page.  Until next time!

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment