Friday, January 6, 2012

Jan 2012 Color Challenge for Paper Secrets

I promise to not bother you again today!  I have been a busy little girl.  So, as promised, I have a scrapbook layout for you.  The challenge was to scrap a page, card or altered project using Gold or Silver on it.  I chose silver as I had this great picture of Indy from the south coast that I turned black and white and then added the colour back to her eyes.  So here it is:
Heaps of silver here!  Although it's not easy to tell in the photo, even the paper has a silver metallic running through it.  But the most notable silver features are the photo mat, the letter squares and of course, the butterflies.

The photo mat was cut with a Time Holtz on the edge die and the letter tiles are grunge blocks.  I embossed the squares with silver and then inked the letters with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.  The paper is Die Cuts With a View (all of it except for the glitter paper), most from the Luxury Premium Stack.  The butterflies are Go-Lo specials as are the flowers.  The rub-on is from Stampin' Up  Eastern Elegance.  The bling and brads were stash items.

Hope you like it!  We just love Indy and we are so happy to have made her part of our family.  I can't help but give the rescue agency another plug - ABR - Arctic Breed Rescue.  The people there are wonderful, knowledgable and very friendly.  They get to know the dogs well and will match you perfectly with one of their beauties.  The dogs are all Malamutes, Huskies, Samoyeds and any other Arctic breed you can think of as well as crosses.  Look into one of their rescues before buying a puppy - these dogs deserve to be loved!

Off my soap box now...thanks for looking again today :0)

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment