Sunday, January 22, 2012

CSI: Case File No. 2

I told you I was going to be more active this year!  I have been working over the last week on the latest CSI challenge as shown below:
This one was more my colour range so I found it a little easier.  I chose to combine this challenge with the January 1 sketch challenge (which I missed the deadline for...oops) for Once Upon A...Sketch which looks like this:
And this is what I came up with to match the two:
I am actually really please with the result!  I used Basic Grey Lily Kate Vanilla paper as the base.  Then I spritzed the doily with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Snow Angel which matched the purple of the CSI challenge perfectly!  I added number stickers to the doily to make my "clock" from the sketch.  I added Queen & Co Felt Fusion in blue.  Over the top of that, I added my sheer element from the CSI challenge which is homemade tissue tape.  I found the tutorial for this at the Let's Scrap site and you can get to it here.  I matted the photo in two of the CSI colours and added a bling swirl from ZVA.  Then I added layered flowers from KaiserCraft and Rosie's Studio with a brad that matched the colour scheme.  I created two rolled roses from the chosen colours.  You can create these easily to with this video:
I chose to use scallop scissors when I cut mine and I inked the edges (of course).  I punched some butterflies using the new EK Success punches that do three different versions of the punch in the CSI colours, added bling to their wings with Diamond Stickles and then added them on top of the flowers with glue dots.  Finally, I added some monograms from the Basic Grey Lily Kate range with inked edges (Distress Ink Tea Dye) and Heidi Swapp Lemonade Stand Chipboard in ocean blue which I changed by painting with Pebeo Pearl Touch Acrylic Paint in Parma and then adding a clear glitter with Glossy Accents on top.

The journalling is done on tags which are tucked behind the picture.  I did these in the stream of conscious  method to match with the CSI challenge.  It reads:

   "We haven't had a tradition for new year since the kids came into our lives.  This year we went to the  
   Bells Carnival in Batemans Bay with friends.  We all had fun!  I think we found our tradition for New
   Years Eve!"

I am including some close ups so that you get more of an idea of the dimension this project has.





Hope you enjoyed this layout!  On to the next one :0)

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment