Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some Photos and A Challenge Entry

First, my Challenge Entry.  I promised you something "From My Own Brain" so here it is:

This is for the jac-inks Papercraft Challenges #11 which was to use the inspirational photo on their blog.

I used a few Stampin Up products - Ink:  Soft Sky Blue, Cardstock:  Whisper White, Stamp:  Lovely as a Tree.  The base card is DCWV Luxury Stack.  The image was produced by stamping with Studio Multi Medium, spritzing with Perfect Pearls Mist (Pearl colour) and then drying with a heat tool.  I then added layers of colour using Distress Inks (Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Sky) sprayed with water to help with blending.  I felt a "moon" was needed so I added a flower centre from Prima to make the moon.  The sentiment is stamped on a tag from Spellbinders with the addition of inking and Perfect pearls.  I don't know about you guys but I like the finished look - I wasn't too sure at first but as the inks dried and softened, I grew to like it!

Here is a look at the card from an angle so that you can see the shine:

So it was also haircut day today for Declan.  This is why:

This was taken on Sunday after his nap!  Wild Man Decs was what Drew dubbed him for the rest of the day.  Poor kid has more cow licks than a Kansas stock yard in winter!  He is going to HATE his hair when he grows up  because he has the trademark swirl at the back plus two cow licks in the front, one on either side.  Makes it really hard to get a proper hair cut too because it refuses to lay down properly at the front.  However, the lady who cut it today did a lovely job - even with him squirming all over my lap (so much so that the cape she put on me was useless - I wore Cappuchin's hair for the rest of the day).  So here is the after shot:

And, no, it's not uneven at the front.  It's those darn cow licks!  Sure wish I could find out where that cow was hiding in my house so it would stop licking Cappuchin's hair ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a gorgeous card and you've captured the essence of the inspiration photo so well. The colours and techniques you've used relly make it feel cold, and then comes that superb moon. Thanks for sharing your talent and joining us at jac-inks challenges.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete