Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Some Sticky Back Canvas Cards

Yep, being slack again!  In my defence, my mother has been visiting from the USA but if I am totally truthful, I finished these before she came.  I have been stuck in the "I need to blog but I don't feel like blogging" mode for a few weeks now.  I'll try to be better from now on ;0)

So, I promised some canvas cards and here they are:



So, what did I do?

The first one was using the Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up.  I stamped it in Claudine Helmuth's Studio acrylic paint in Charcoal Black.  You really need her extra time medium for this but I managed without.  The top image was actually my first attempt but it was too light so I spun the canvas around, reinked and stamped again with better results.  Essentially, I moved faster the second time.  I dried with the heat tool, frayed the edges and then inked with Distress Inks.  I added the inked image from Dreams Du Jour (Stampin' Up) and coloured it using my water brush and the distress inks.  I added some rhinestones (Kaisercraft) and some Diamond stickles, a matt and all done!  I'm really pleased with it.

The second card was a painted background.  I mixed Sky Blue and Purple Palette to get the colour you see (see Claudine's mixing chart).  Then I added the swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs (Stampin' Up).  Punched the butterflies using an EK Success Punch and adhered them with the sentiment to the canvas which was then matted and stuck to the base card.

The third was a resist technique.  I stamped using matte multi medium, heat set it and then inked over that with Distress Inks.  The words didn't come out as clear as I would have liked but I'm happy with the image otherwise.  I haven't finished this into a card yet but I will!

I love the Sticky Back Canvas.  It allows for wet work, heat setting and just about anything else you can throw at it and it still. sticks.  It can be used for so many different types of projects so go get some!

I'll be posting some work I am doing for an on-line course I signed up for with Tim Holtz (I love that man's genius) so you'll see a lot of me the next few weeks!

xoxo

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment